Ever wonder how it’s possible to juggle a thriving career with being a parent? At LINK, we’ve got some super parents who are doing just that, and today we are meeting three recently joined moms who are here to share how they make it work. Meet Divya, Natasha, and Sue, three new team members who joined LINK in the past two months.
First up is Divya Dirisam, our CEO’s executive assistant and mom to a 17-year-old boy. She’s all about LINK’s flexible work hours. “At LINK, we are trusted to work the hours we need to, to get the job done, rather than specific hours,” she says. “Of course I need to be available for meetings, and work with colleagues across different time zones. But the flexibility to choose means I can be there for my son’s big moments and still focus on my career.” Natasha Gowans, our head of communications and mom to energetic 7-year-old boys, agrees. She juggles meetings and mom duties, thanks to LINK’s flexible schedule. “Having young kids is very stressful, and it’s definitely a juggling act, but the way I can spread out my working hours during the day is very helpful.”
Our moms have their daily routines down to an art. Divya mixes work with family life, staying on top of things with a mix of planning and teamwork with her family, assigning duties to her son to help out his parents at home during the week. Natasha’s mornings are full of chaos and school prep, but once the kids leave for class she is able to get some time to focus on getting herself ready for the day, before heading to a co-working for some calm and focus. Natasha gets a couple of hours of free time during the middle of the day to catch up on errands, friends or family admin, but she is usually back online after dinner time for a couple of final calls with cross-timezone colleagues.
Now, let’s shine the spotlight on Sue, our customer success leader and mother to a 10-year-old. Sue’s journey at LINK is a testament to how part-time roles can lead to full-time fulfillment. “Choosing a part-time role was my golden ticket to being there for my son’s milestones while growing my career,” Sue reflects. Her mornings are a whirlwind of school runs and work prep, but she finds her groove as soon as she logs in. “There’s something empowering about managing a successful workday and still being there for homework time,” she adds.
Sue also emphasizes the importance of self-care. “Finding time for myself isn’t just a luxury, it’s essential. Whether it’s hitting the gym or getting lost in a good book, it helps me recharge and be a better mom and professional,” she advises. She’s a big advocate of strength training, not just for physical health but for mental resilience too.
These ladies aren’t going it alone; they’ve got a village at LINK and beyond. Natasha’s secret weapon? A solid support network and some emotional coaching helps to keep the kids regulated and to manage moments of higher stress levels.
Recap: Top tips for working moms
- Leverage flexible work arrangements: LINK’s flexible work arrangement empowers working moms to manage their schedules and be there for their families when needed while pursuing their careers.
- Time management tools: Use tools like calendars and to-do lists to stay organized and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Delegate and share responsibilities: Don’t hesitate to delegate household chores and share responsibilities with partners and children.
- Seek support and connection: Lean on your support network of fellow moms, friends, and family members to navigate the challenges of balancing work and motherhood.
- Embrace flexibility and self-care: Adjust your schedule and practice self-care techniques like reading, music, or exercise to manage stress effectively.
- Recognize the rewards: Balancing a career and motherhood can be deeply rewarding, since we get to be primary care -givers and contribute in a meaningful way to a company like Link that solves such a big problem in the fintech world.
At LINK, we’re not just about the 9-to-5. We’re about building a place where moms (and dads!) can thrive, not just survive. We celebrate diversity and champion women in the workforce.
So, if you’re thinking about joining a place that gets the whole work-life-mom-life balance, check out our Employee Handbook for the inside scoop. At LINK, we’re more than a team; we’re a community that lifts each other up, every single day.